These are extremely rich but also amazingly delicious! If you love chocolate and cookie dough, you must make these cupcakes as soon as possible.
Adding cookie dough frosting to anything is the best way to make sure your dessert is loved by everyone! Make them for your next party, they will be a huge hit, I promise!
Vegan Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I use baking chocolate)
- ½ cup (115g) Earth Balance, cut into cubes
- 1 and ¼ cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (4 ½ tsp of Ener-g and 6 tbsp of warm water)
- ¾ cup (94g) all-purpose flour
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 cup (180g) mini chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli but couldn’t find mini and it still worked!)
- ½ cup (115g) Earth Balance softened to room temp
- ¾ cup (150g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (140g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups, set aside.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and sliced Earth Balance together in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until smooth and combined.
- Stir in sugar, then vanilla.
- Add in ener-g egg replacer mixing well.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Add batter to the 12 muffin tins and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Cream together the earth balance and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in flour and salt until doughy.
- Stir in almond milk and beat until fluffy.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Frost the cupcakes when cooled.
Recipe originally found: Sally’s Baking Addiction